SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
Takashi Ichihara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Takashi Ichihara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:05:12 -0700
Hi all,

  I found the solutions by myself to install REVTeX 4.1 on SL5/6.
Only installing two rpm packages resolved this.

http://pkgs.org/centos-5-rhel-5/puias-unsupported-i386/tetex-natbib-8.31a-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm.html
http://pkgs.org/centos-5-rhel-5/puias-unsupported-i386/tetex-natbib-8.31a-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm.html

$ ls -l tete*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  396538 Nov  1 12:59
tetex-natbib-8.31a-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3896602 Nov  1 12:56
tetex-revtex-4.1-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm
$

All these modules will be expanded at the the directory tree
starting at /usr/local/share/texmf while original tex distributions
of SL are expanded at the directory tree of /usr/share/texmf .

So in principle, there is no interference between the original
tex packages and this updates.

So far, these two rpm packages seem to be working well
on our SL6.1 (X86_64) and SL5.6-5.7(X86_64).

However, since these are unsupported software packages,
please use these at your own risk.

Regrades,
Takashi Ichihara

On 2011.11.1 at 1:31 PM (JST), Jon Peatfiel wrote,