SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Timmy Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timmy Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 23:12:37 +0800
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Timmy Siu<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> Dear All SL 6 Users:
>> What is the SL 6 default Remote Desktop login program???  How to configure a
>> default login user???
> If your connection is local (LAN), vnc will work fine. I found this
> web page helpful:
>
> http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Remote_Access_to_the_RHEL_6_Desktop
>
> My favorite is nx/freenx which is especially suitable when the
> connection is slow (WAN).  The version that runs under RHEL-6
> (therefore SL-6) is available from my site:
>
> http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx-freenx/6/
>
> Install both nx and freenx (they will eventually be in CentOS extras).
> The HowTo for freeNX setup can be found here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX
>
> You most likely need to take care of SELinux on SL6. Follow this blog:
>
> http://blog.toracat.org/2010/12/selinux-and-freenx/
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Akemi

Hi,
I need to log in as root just through LAN.

The main problem of NX is: it does not allow logging in as root even
through LAN!  Do you know how to configure it to allow logging in as
root through LAN?

By the way, XDMCP is the most beautiful remote desktop program.  It
connect you to the Gnome login gateway and you can do some configuration
just right there!  ;)

Timmy Siu