SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:14:10 +0200
Axel Thimm wrote:

>> OK, thanks for the feedback. I have filed an issue on NVIDIA site.
>
> OK, URL would be nice so someone googling into the artchives later
> will be able to follow the trail.

I have posted two messages in their forum area, and 1 "question" in the support area-or
something. I'll post links if and when I get any answers there.

>> Something else, in logs it is mentioned that AGP 2x was detected. However
>> it is an AGP 8x graphics card, placed on AGP 4x slot. I checked the BIOS
>> and it is at AGP 4x. Any ideas why this is happening? (I mean something
>> like SL supports up to AGP 2x only, or something).
>
> I can't really say, I seldom deploy RHEL/SL on anything that has
> that much graphic power on it :)
>
> Why shouldn't SL support higher AGP modes? RH will not have added
> extra graphics support to 2.6.9 as this is not their business case,
> but 2.6.9 should already be doing decent AGP, or not?

Both the 9746 and 8776 report AGP 2x. 8776 (from your repository) works OK (Google Earth
works without problems), although it doesn't support my graphics card directly as far as I
know!