SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2009

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:47:06 -0500
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> This affects us.  Imagine that all the CentOS users show up to use
>> Scientific Linux.  Imagine all their maintainers and developers show
>> up, too.

I do not think that CentOS is going away.  They have a strong team of
developers.  Lance was not involved in the day to day development.  His
involment is as stated in the "open letter".  He was in control of the
donations, google ad income and centos.org domain.

> I personally don't think that's a bad thing especially if it allows SL to have
> the ability to open more of it's infrastructure to 3rd party "extensions" like
> the CentOS team have done for CentOS Plus etc.

We have thought about "working" with CentOS more so that we can provide
those CentOS addon's to the SL world.  No word on if this will happen or
not.