SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2015

From:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:33:58 +0000
On 27/03/15 18:01, Steve Gaarder wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> One thing that is different from EPEL is that ELRepo's el7.1 packages
>> that are _not_ backward compatible will not install on systems < 7.1.
>> yum will complain. My understanding is that EPEL packages do not have
>> such 'Requires'.
>>
> Au contraire - right now, for example, I cannot install marco from EPEL:

Packages presumably vary, but the bugzilla comments indicated that the
only real condition now for EPEL is compatibility with RHEL 7.1;  what
concerned me was that there was no warning during installation that
qtwebkit would fail.  In fact the failure was total, but with other
(hypothetical) packages it might not have been so clearcut.