SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:44:29 -0500
We have both VPN and ssh here for remote users.
Some users have both types of accunts so they
have a fallback when a problenm occurs.  We
want to use a radius server so the ssh box and
the VPN appliance can share login informatioon.

We have the VPN appliance working with a freeradius
server, but it's not clear what the easiest or best
way is to use radius for authentication with ssh
under linux.

Does this require a special ssh server, or ldap,
or what?  (We've never done ldap, either).

Thanks,
Miles