SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2013

From:
Charles Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:12:36 -0400
Hello!

I'm pretty sure that I'm running into a security blockade.  I have
several small example sockets programs which have compiled and worked in
the past on other platforms.  However, they are not working under SL
6.3, even when I change ports multiple times.

I have:

   * disabled SELINUX  (I first tried setenforce 0 as root to make it
simply permissive, but no luck, so I disabled it instead)
   * turned iptables off:  /etc/init.d/iptables stop

Still, after having done both of these, I can't get a simple socket and
client example to work.  The /var/log/messages file simply shows my
shutting off of iptables.

Is there another thing that I can do to get some simple sockets examples
to work?   I figure once I have located the problems, I can begin to
attack the rules needed to get it to work.

Regards, and thank you,
Chip Campbell