SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2015 20:49:27 -0500
In the past I use to use a utility called mkcdrec which has a successor project called relax and recover (rear for short) I haven't used the new version but it should work well.

That said if you can package every thing in rpms you could use spacewalk or katello to create identical builds including copying config files. As a long term solution I like this option because it allows you to quickly rebuild after a catastrophic failure in a very clean precise way. It also allows for quick expansion of an existing environment. ‎In my environment the typical spacewalk build takes 20 minutes and in most cases includes every thing needed to bring the box up immediately aside from state data such as database content and my normal database recovery scripts handle that and in many cases spacewalk even automatically executes them after the install is complete.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.