SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:45:35 -0600
I tried SL5.1 today.  It does the same thing.   Though I tested SL5.1 on
my older system (Pentium D) and saw the ahci  load right up.   Maybe my
motherboard is too new.

Just in case, here are my specs:

Compaq Presario SR5450F
Pentium E2180  (C)
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 /NVIDIAnForce 630i (chipset)
motherboard manufacture: Foxconn
motherboard name: MCP73M01H1
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Napa-GL8E
hard drives:
 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360  500GB SATA (Vista)
 Seagate Barracuda ST3500630AS 500GB added for Scientific Linux

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
R.Soares