SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
Paul Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:37:34 -0400

 Content analysis details:   (-1.0 points, 5.0 required)

  pts rule name              description
 -0.0 SHORTCIRCUIT           Not all rules were run, due to a shortcircuited rule
 -1.0 ALL_TRUSTED            Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
Received-SPF: None (MAIL03V-SMTP01.fnal.gov: [log in to unmask] does not
 designate permitted sender hosts)

On 04/05/2014 11:29 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Oracle's own download pages point to their "public" yum server at
> http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/. Unfortunately, the
> repository is not browseable, probably to reduce the likelihood of
> people making mirrors of it. To review its contents without installing
> them, you have to set up a yum configuration and run something like
> "reposync -n -u --repoid=ol6_latest", or mirror them locally with the
> "reposync" command. This is feasible, but it's a pain, and makes
> picking and choosing awkward. And that seems to be the point. The
> source packages seem to be avaialble at
> https://oss.oracle.com/ol6/SRPMS-updates/.

Hi Nico,

I am able to browse the public yum server. Am I missing something ?

http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/5/base/x86_64/

Cheers,
Paul