SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:55:21 -0400
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Johnson, Kent A (GE Healthcare)
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> Just to reiterate, this is the stock SL6.1 single DVD ISO image I'm using. SL6.1 is the first time that networkmanager is introduced for installation.
>
> I've tried your network line and several others as well as no network line in the kickstart, but, the networkmanager still pops up to configure the network device. Everything works great if I configure the network at the popup, even if eth0 is already fully configured by the KS.
>
> By hitting CANCEL on the networkmanager popup and then looking at CTRL-ALT-F3 output, I've now determined that it is trying to get security updates from the SL ftp repo. And, even though I've tried fully configuring the only ethernet device (eth0), networkmanager still pops up exactly at this point (preparing to get security updates from the SL ftp repo.
>
> I'm thinking that I may have to reroll the stock image to eliminate this if possible, ulness there is some other boot or KS option that will stop networkmanager from popping up...

Hold it. Is it first asking you to *select* among several available
network devices? And have you included the "ksdevice=eth0", or
whatever is your relevant network port, in your command line options
at the beginning of your kickstart selections?

I'm sorry if you've already said and I don't have it, but I'm remember
problems I've had with multiple network devices and explaining to the
anaconda system that I want *THAT* one, no, I'm not kidding, don't
bother me about the rest. And Anaconda has been getting updated,
upstream, to suppport new hardware and resolve some old issues, so
there well may have been a subtle bug introduced upstream.