SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 17:10:19 -0500
Hello Robert,
The problem has been fixed.  We added the i386 packages of libbonobo,
bonobo-activation, and gnome-vfs2 to the errata area for the x86_64
releases.
Note that this will not work on S.L. 302 x86_64.  That was our first
x86_64 release and we didn't have the i386 rpm's in it.  If you have
S.L. 302 on x86_64, we recommend you upgrade it to the latest 30x release.
Again, thanks for pointing this out to us.  Also, thanks to Michael
Hannon, who reported that it's also broken for RHEL.
Troy
Connie Sieh wrote:
> Robert,
>
> We have reproduced the problem here and are now working on it.
>
> Thanks for reporting this problem.
>
> -Connie Sieh
> On Thu, 5
> May 2005, Connie Sieh wrote:
>

>>Robert,
>>
>>Which SL3 ?  Contents of /etc/yum.conf please.
>>
>>-Connie Sieh
>>
>>On Thu, 5 May 2005, Robert Blair wrote:
>>

>>>This morning I tried to update my AMD64 system and got the following:
>>>
>>>Resolving dependencies
>>>......Unable to satisfy dependencies
>>>Package openoffice.org-libs needs libORBit-2.so.0, this is not available.
>>>Package openoffice.org-libs needs libbonobo-activation.so.4, this is not
>>>available.
>>>Package openoffice.org-libs needs libgnomevfs-2.so.0, this is not available.
>>>Package openoffice.org-libs needs liblinc.so.1, this is not available.
>>>Package openoffice.org-libs needs libstartup-notification-1.so.0, this is
>>>not available.
>>>Package openoffice.org needs libbluecurve.so, this is not available.
>>>
>>>Is this a known issue or something peculiar to me (dunno what since this is
>>>a pretty stock SL3 install)?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Bob Blair

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468