SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2009

From:
Jan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:25:11 +0100
On 16/01/09 16:23, Ken Teh wrote:
[..]
> I'm a kickstart file person myself.  Manual is maybe good for a onesie
> but gets old and unreliable for N > 2 systems.  Also, I like kickstarts
> because it's both a record of what you did.  And it can be customized
> per machine.

I guess that on SL5 (with nice YUM dep resolution)

%packages --nobase
yourpackage1
yourpackage2

would quickly yield something rather small. If you rather like comps.xml
editing, suggest to use an addon YUM repository (which can have it's own
comnps.xml - i.e. start with a rather empty one!)) rather than messing
up the TUV/SL-provided one (where you would have to redo your mods after
the next minor release is out).

Cheers
Jan