SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:09:11 +0530
> On 6/11/07, Stephen John Smoogen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am only touchy about it when the same post is made to 2 similar
> lists with only slight additions/changes made to make the article more
> interesting to the suspected audience. Also when 'strong' opinions are
> added about something sucking it is a standard meme for 'getting an
> argument going' versus looking for particular discussion

well i did not want to start an OT discussion but, to be *exact*, this
is my reason for using SL:

i want to have a job as "C++ and OOAD expert" specialized on UNIX or
Linux platform and i was told in my posts on Linuxqestions.org and
justlinuxforums.org that RHEL will look good on my resume rather than
other distros because Red Hat is the biggest commercial vendor of
Linux and most companies use it.i looked for RHEL alternative and
found 2 to be better than others:  CetnOS and Scientifc Linux. hence
both will be an edge for me on my Resume as compared to, say,
Gentoo/Arch or Debian.

the primary reason of using CentOS is only to get a better Resume as
it will say:

 "I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS as my primary development platform"

i was also suggested Suse but you know the M$-Novell deal, can not use that.

thanks

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/