SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2015

From:
Charles Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2015 09:42:42 -0400
Hi Vladimir,
well, I was seeing that the nfs-server was not
starting, on boot, in spite of having the "nfs-server"
enabled in systemd.   I could start the nfs-server
(and all the various nfs-related services) manually
with no problem.

In /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants
there was a broken link from nfs.target to the
/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs.target

I put back a nfs.target file, and a reboot started
the nfs system, as it should.

Some of  my other SL7 systems were not booted after
upgrading nfs-utils, so didn't show the problem, and
it's all to easy to assume "some startup glitch"
start things manually, and not track down the cause.

--
 Drexel University    \V               --Chuck Lane