SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2013

From:
Brett Viren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett Viren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 12:13:07 -0400
Hi Chip,

I don't know what is wrong but a couple small directions to try:

Does "iptables -L" confirm that the firewall rules have been flushed
out?

Can you rule out any potential connection to your socket code by
reproducing the problem with netcat/nc?

On the server:

  nc -l -p PORT HOST

On the client:

  echo "Hello World" | nc PORT HOST

If it works, you should see the message printed by the server and not
get any error.  If this also fails, say any error messages and it may
help others reproduce the problem themselves.

Luck,
-Brett.