SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 13:26:35 -0500
John Hearns said...

|Can I ask if you are mainly reading or writing data to the RAID
|controller? Use iostat to see what is going on.

Reads.  We run NetApp filers for current data (gets
updated).  Once a project is done, but the data
needs to be available occasionally for comparison
(read-only) we move it to tier 2 storage based on
PCs and RAIDs.  So the writing only takes place
when the data is transfered to the PC.  That went
off fine, if a bit slowly.

Thanks,
Miles