SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2009

Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:02:04 -0500
I've fixed the various nfs ports in my firewall config and have propagated
these ports to /etc/sysconfig/nfs.  All the ports are honored except for the
lockd ports.  I've even tried setting the ports in sysctl.conf and appending
them to the kernel boot in grub.conf.  rpcinfo -p shows that the kernel
(2.6.18-128.1.6.el5) basically ignores me.  NFS clients are mounting via
NFSv3.  Ignoring the lockd numbers creates apparently creates problems for
some applications, presumably because the application is requesting file
locks.  For example, firefox won't run when launched in a user's home
directory that is mounted remotely from the server.

Has anyone seen this problem?  What's the fix?

Ken