SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:40:59 -0700
Thank you for that clarification.  ATrpms was "required" to get support
for one of the other packages installed and/or applications we needed to
build (I forget which).

Prior to your response, I located the offending RPM and performed a
command line

rpm -e live-2012.02.04-1.el6.x86_64

No other dependencies were displayed upon execution of the above command
(if memory serves, the -e flag will then respond packages A, B, ... need
also to be removed and queries before proceeding if rpm finds such
dependencies), and thus it completed.

vlc 2.0.6 production then did install from RPMfusion, and now does work.

Presumably, if I downloaded the development versions of all of the
packages that vlc 2.0.6 rpm used, I could build vlc 2.0.7 .  At the
moment, this is not necessary.

(Etiquette:  does this list want start or end replies?  I have forgotten.)

Yasha Karant