SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2015

From:
Chris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2015 09:24:12 +0000
Hello,

Having ascertained that my computer hard disc was dead I decided to
fit a new one and install SL7 instead of the 6.4 I was running.

Install went fine but I have no network, the computer wasn't plugged
into the ethernet when the install was done if that's any help but it
does have a wifi card in which is also not recognised.

If I look at the network manager thing in setup it tells me that the
MAC address is 0.  The only things the LH panel is displaying is
Unknown and Network Proxy.  There don't seem to be any eth0, eth1
configuration files in /etc.

I really need this computer operational so may have to resort to going
back to 6.4 if its not easily fixable.

Any help gratefully received.

Chris

--