SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:55:26 -0600
Is there some way to see at least a summary of why a package is being updated?

In Gentoo, for example, every updated ebuild has changelog notes
summarizing what/why/how the update is different than the previous
version, and you can view them by running something like 'emerge
--pretend --changelog (some-package)'.

Is there anything like that for yum?  Specifically, I'm interested in
what's changing in minor kernel updates, but it would be nice to find
a way to do this with any package so I don't have to rely on Google so
much.

~ Nathan