SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:02:35 -0600
Hi everyone,

First time scientific linux user.  I'm having a strange issue that I
haven't seen on any other installation.  Basically at random
intervals, my GNOME Terminal (and/or any other terminals I'm using,
for example SSH from another machine) slows down to a crawl.  This
slowness doesn't seem to affect my GUI applications, and when I run
top, there's no signs of high cpu or memory usage.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Yi