SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2012

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:15:40 +0100
Hi Mike

On 03/21/2012 10:48 AM, Mike Zanker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
 >
> Also, I came across a web-based SL forum which contains an
> announcement of a 5.8 beta. I wasn't aware of this forum before it
> popped up in a Google search result - is that the "official" community
> support location or are the mailing lists the correct place to be? I
> ask because I haven't seen an equivalent 5.8 beta announcement on any
> of the mailing lists.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike

Just answering your second question:

The web-based SL forum is not the official SL forum. The forum is from SL users for SL users:
http://www.scientificlinux.org/community/sites
http://scientificlinuxforum.org/index.php?showtopic=23

The office mailing list for beta announcement is scientific-linux-devel. Here is the announcement
http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1203&L=scientific-linux-devel&T=0&P=2769

Cheers,

	Urs