SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
jonathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:22:09 +0100
Hi, i use dnsmasq for a simple LAN to provide dhcp and dns, to start
with it did not work as i did not open the correct ports in the
firewall. UDP 67 and 68, as mentioned in the FAQ. I also have the
trusted DNS service 53/tcp and 53/udp enabled i not sure if this is
necaccery.
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/FAQ
"This new DHCP server is well and good, but it doesn't work for me.
   What's the problem?

jon