SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:58:27 +0200
I am sending this here, because SL is used for scientific applications, so someone may
have some suggestion.

It is about wxMaxima 0.7.1. It is a math application, I have tried to register to its
mailing list, but it looks like something goes wrong with my subscription there (email
problem or something).

Anyway, just in case someone has used it:

OS: Scientific Linux 4.4 x86.

wxMaxima 0.7.1 compiled from sources.

wxWidgets version 2.8.0 stable, compiled from sources.

When running wxMaxima 0.7.1, and trying to do anything with it, I am getting a "Not
connected to maxima!" error message. I checked the configuration and found out port 4010.
I have enabled port 4010:tcp in my firewall, and have rebooted the system. Still, the
error message persists.

Also in the window of wxMaxima 0.7.1, on the bottom right there is the message "Maxima
process terminated".

I have tried erasing the default .wxMaxima from user directory and also changed /etc/hosts
to "127.0.0.1 localhost" only, but still the same problem.

Any suggestions?