SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2008

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:49:02 -0500
The prefs.js & user.js files in the Firefox Profile are where the
printer settings should be stored, just make sure the Firefox clients
are closed when making edits as settings are cached & saved upon closing
mozilla apps. There have been many mozilla bugs filed over the years
about persistent printer settings (windows & linux print driver
incompatibility), duplex is another print option that may need to be
reset often. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Prefs.js_file
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:Printing_and_Page_Setup

More information on FF3 changes to profiles, settings and migrating
bookmark.html & bookmarks-(date).json using sql-lite can be found here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox

-HTH Art@JAX