SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Jeff Siddall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Siddall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:20:45 -0400
On 07/31/2013 10:56 AM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> I always add " -yum-autoupdate " to my kickstarts to remove it I don't
> know why TUV adds it to the default image for EL it has always been
> controversial at best.

Controversial at best, agreed.  But regarding the default, in general
the safe setting is the right setting and having it enabled by default
seems to be the right thing to do.  Any sysadmin who knows enough to
update their system manually can surely disable auto update themselves.
  Having it on by default prevents the rest of the world from being
subjected to large numbers of vulnerable systems installed by less
knowledgeable users.

My $0.02.

Jeff