SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2008

From:
Chris Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:18:10 -0500
We had problems related to partitions tables. We used gparted to create
a "gpt" partition table instead of the standard "msdos". Unfortunately
fdisk does not recognize gpt partition tables, so you need to use other
tools.

Our experience with a 8TB ext3 filesystem takes 10-12hrs for fsck &
similar times for quotacheck (depends on speed of hardware, etc). We
ended up using 4TB filesystems to reduces maintenance times.