SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:32:21 -0400
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Tom Rosmond <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am configuring Torque to run in SL 6.2 on a multi-core NUMA system,
> and find that I need to configure it with for 'cpusets', i.e. libcpuset.
> A web search has found little mention of it in Scientific Linux
> documentation, but it does seem to be available in Debian, Ubuntu, and a
> few other distributions.  Does anyone have any knowledge of Torque with
> libcpuset for Scientific Linux? If not, would it be possible to install
> it via the RPM's from these other distributions?

I *wrote* the first published SRPM's for Torque, and earlier published
significantly updated ones for OpenPBS. Grab the SRPM's from EPEL
(which are quite old) and the ones from Fedora 17 (which are new, but
have that new replacement for init scripts) and mix and match. Then
publish your SRPM to EPEL for the rest of us, if you would.

I'd consider working with it but I'm at a new job and very busy.