SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
"James M. Pulver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M. Pulver
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:22:38 +0000
I was pleased installing SL6 on a Lenovo W520. As I said, I just went into the BIOS, and told it to only use the nVidia card, and it all "Just Worked" at that point. I can't speak to nVidia being better than Intel for desktops, I haven't ever seen a difference I can notice (personally, I can't tell) for any VGA to 1920x1080 display based on the card driving it. Now, different Monitors definitely can make a big difference, but that has been independent of the video card in my experience.

--

James Pulver

CLASSE Computer Group

Cornell University