SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:49:40 -0500
On 08/16/2012 08:38 AM, Artifex Maximus wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there any recommended way to create a custom ISO installer? I have
> no X on my SL just pure console. I've read that revisor is old and not
> supported but pungi is great. I've tried pungi under Fedora 17 for
> "cross build" without success (packages were downloaded but some
> problems with anaconda at building boot image stage). CentOS 6.3 does
> not have pungi. I think SL does not have pungi as well. So revisor is
> the only tool for building such images here in SL land?
>
> Bye,

Revisor is the recommended tool for SL6.  You always have the option of
rolling by hand.  I use a set of modified scripts to roll custom SL5
images based on the documentation on the SL's website and from searching
the web.  If you simply want to customize the packages, you can make the
necessary changes, rebuild the repo data, update the comps files, and
build the image.

Remember, SL and TUV are _not_ bleeding edge like Fedora.  Just because
the bleeding edge calls something "old" doesn't mean it is garbage and
useless.  It just means someone has come up with a new/different way of
accomplishing the same task.

-Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola