SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2014

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:50:44 -0600
On 11/06/2014 08:10 AM, Simon Clubley wrote:
> On 5 November 2014 16:49, Franchisseur Robert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> -- Le (On) 2014-11-04 +0000 à (at) 12:14:52 Simon Clubley écrivit (wrote): --
>>
>>> Has anyone had any luck installing Classic Theme Restorer in the SL
>>> build of Firefox 31.x on SL 5.x ?
>>>
>>> I have tried removing the localstore.rdf file, creating a new profile,
>>> disabling all installed extensions and still the addon hangs during
>>> installation.
>>>
>>         Same thing for me so I installed the following add-ons :
>>

> Thank you for confirming it isn't just me.
>
>>         - Tabs on bottom 0.5
>>         - The Addon Bar (restored) 3.2
>>

> Those two addons certainly help thanks.
>
> However, I think this may be a problem with the SL specific build of
> Firefox 31.x.
>
> When I installed the Addon Bar mentioned above, it messed up the
> Status-4-Evar status bar so I uninstalled Status-4-Evar and tried to
> install it again, but the Status-4-Evar installation also hung. I have
> also found first hand reports of people using Classic Theme Restorer
> with the non-SL versions of Firefox 31.x ESR without a problem or any
> complaints so I am suspicious there's a more general problem in the SL
> build which is stopping some addons from being installed.
>
> Simon.

Bringing this back up from the dead.  Did we ever get resolution on
this?  I noticed the TUV errata has new xulrunners for v6 and v7, but
not v5.  I still have xulrunner 17 installed and am wondering if this is
the cause.  I am having trouble installing extensions as well has having
a situation where the browser does not fully exit, resulting in me
needing to 'killall firefox' to move forward.  Anyone tried to build a
newer xulrunner?

-Mark