SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
Sascha Bendix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sascha Bendix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:53:55 +0100
Hi,

> One of our colleagues is performing network installs of SL.
> He frequently observes that the install fails on downloading always

I saw the same problems and could track it down to a squid with havp in
transparent mode. It seems that anaconda resets (via tcp reset) the
connection at different times during download.

If I bypass the proxy it is working. wget for the failed packages works,
too. So it is only a problem of anaconda.

I also have the same problem with CentOS 5 i386 network installation.
Fedora 15 and spacewalk-repo-sync have no issues.

Regards,

Sascha