SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
"Johnson, Kent A (GE Healthcare)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Kent A (GE Healthcare)
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:21:54 -0400
Hi Nico,

The test system I'm using only has eth0. Networkmanager pops up whether
or not I fully congiure eth0 in the ks.cfg or even if I leave the
network line out (which is then supposed to ignore the network device
according to the docs, unless a network repo is required for something,
which is what I think is happening).

Strangely though, as I mentioned before, if I disable eth0 in the BIOS
(hide it), the same install/kickstart process works fine with no popups
or complaints.

thanks & regards,
kent