SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2009

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:02:19 -0600
Kin,

An "InPort Mouse" isn't really PS/2.  It is a very old Microsoft Bus
Mouse from the early 1980s.  I believe they used to use /dev/inportbm or
similar.  They are still supported in the 2.6 kernel, but I haven't
dealt with one to be honest.

File location:
<kernel-src>/drivers/input/mouse/inport.c
Inport (ATI XL and Microsoft) busmouse driver

I'd start with modprobing it and seeing what device nodes it uses and go
from there.  Google might be your best bet, as I doubt many people have
access to this kind of old hardware.

Cheers,
Mark