SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2009

From:
Wolfgang Friebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:19:09 +0200
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Jan Kundrát wrote:

> Dear list,
> a fresh installation of 5.3 with alpine from the SL repo doesn't provide
> /etc/alpine/pine.conf file, even though the file is said to be provided
> by that package and it was there in 5.2:
>
> [root@samson ~]# rpm -ql alpine | grep pine.conf$
> /etc/alpine/pine.conf
>
> My cfengine script relied on that file being present (fixed by now), so
> I was a bit surprised to see it go away. Is that on purpose, or is that
> a bug?

Hi Jan,

it is on purpose: the changelog states

  "- new version 2.00, try to be as close to the EPEL package as possible
   provide /etc/alpine/pine.conf.sample as a sample configuration file
   which configures htmlview (in package htmlview) as URL viewer"

That means instead of overwriting an existing pine.conf there is now a
sample pine.conf. You could use a trigger rpm that renames and optionally
modifies the sample file.

--
Wolfgang Friebel                   Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone/Fax:  +49 33762 77372/216    Platanenallee 6