SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2008

From:
Mohammad Kashif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:18:29 +0100
Hi
I am trying to install LHC Era Monitering(LEMON) on SL 5.1 for
experimental purpose. After installation when I tried to create schema for
sqlite3 database, I encountered this problem
unable to import Sqlite API:  No module named sqlite3

It posted this problem on sqlite forum and I got this awnser.

" You are missing the module that binds Python to SQLite.  It comes as
standard with Python but is only built if SQLite is already on the
machine.  Chances are you can find it as another package to install.
The underlying module is provided by pysqlite."

Now I have to rebuild phython with sqlite3 support. Please suggest that
how can I rebuild the python with minimum disturbance to system.

Thanks
kashif