SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:33:05 -0600
On 03/08/2011 11:54 AM, Pablo Cavero wrote:
> Dear Scientifics Linux Users,
>
> Why not exist, an only one disk, Full Install DVD Dual Layer, and/or
> Blu-Ray, to make more simple the instalation and do not need 2 Standar DVD??
>
> Exist an method to add the Disk1.iso and Disk2.iso to Make the "Only One
> Disk" making a new "Dual Layer DVD.iso" ??
>
> Waiting for your comments,
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Pablo Cavero
> Systems Engineer
> 568 - 920 9509

Hello,
We had to make choices based on popularity of media, size of media, and
overall size in the iso directory.  In short, we had to make a choice
for media that the majority of people have, without making our iso
directory so big that people won't mirror us.

But, can *you* are someone you know, make a SL 6.0 blue-ray image?
Yes you can.

We included revisor along with sl-revisor-configs so that you could
easily make your own spin of SL6.
Our instructions are here.
http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/6x/build/sites

We will be expanding the instructions, but for a basic respin onto a
different media, there is enough instructions there.
All you have to do is replace the option "--install-dvd" with any (or
all if you have the space) of the following options.

     --install-cd
     --install-dvd
     --install-dvd-dl
     --install-bluray
     --install-bluray-dl
     --install-usb

you can find all the options by typing "revisor --help"

Hope this answers your question.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group