SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Eva Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eva Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:24:19 +0000
Hello,
We are beginning to switch our desktop machines from Debian to
Scientific Linux 4.4, and I have noticed a few minor problems which I
couldn't find solutions to in the archives.

1. When I run mutt in a gnome-terminal, the screen refreshing often
   seems to get mixed up when I page through my email.  This does not
   appear to happen if I run mutt in an xterm instead.

2. tcsh users get a buggy announcement of new mail in their terminal
   windows - it looks like

   You have You have %s mail.
    mail.

   I have narrowed this down to tcsh users in non-login shells - it's
   OK for bash users, and it's OK for tcsh users who ssh in rather
   than popping up terminal windows.

3. Firefox seems to default to letter paper, and I have to switch to
   A4 every time I want to print a web page.  I have taken a look at
   printconf-gui in case there is something wrong with my setup, but
   all my printers are Generic Postscript and have Page Size: A4 in
   their driver options.

Eva.