SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
"KC.Gmail" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KC.Gmail
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:20:02 +0800
HI

On 10/27/06, Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> KC.Gmail wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm both SL and Fedora Core user.  For FC, eg FC2, I always
> > keep my system up-to-date by using 'yum'.   I found that a
> > updated FC2 is still NOT a FC3 or FC4.
> >
> > For SL, I have a SL4.2 use as my mail/www server.  I recently
> > upgrade the SL4.2 by 'yum' and found some SL4.4 packages are
> > installed ???
> >

> Such as ???

The first time I found this is when I doing
the following on SL4.2 after I upgrade using 'yum':

mail42:~> cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux SL release 4.4 (Beryllium)
mail42:~> rpm -q sl-release
sl-release-4.4-4
mail42:~>

But just as you said, I should explain the release number
as 'patch' number ... Thanks for your confirmation.

Regards
KC