SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2009

From:
Chris O'Regan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris O'Regan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:16:27 -0400
I am encountering a weird problem. I have a number of servers with a
pair of on-board network interfaces. Kickstart is configured to set up
eth0 with a static ip address; there is no mention of eth1 in the
config. In the past, eth1 was always disabled by default. Now it's
enabled, and trying to configure itself via DHCP. This interface is not
even plugged into a switch; it's never going to get an answer. As such,
booting takes a lot longer because it has to wait for the DHCP request
for eth1 to time out.

Sure, I can manually edit the configuration for eth1 to disable the
interface, but I have a number of systems lined up to be built, and I
would rather avoid this manual intervention. Any ideas?

This is SL5.3.

--
Chris O'Regan <[log in to unmask]>
Senior Unix Systems Administrator, Academic IT Services