SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:26:05 +0400
Hi Mark Whidby!

 On 2012.08.31 at 09:52:03 +0100, Mark Whidby wrote next:

> This *might* help a bit - it won't prevent the icon from being
> displayed but it won't ask for the password, instead putting up a "Not
> authorised" message.
>
> Create a file called what you like with the extension .pkla and stick it
> in one of the directories in /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority - I used
> 50-local.d. The file should have the following contents:
>
> [Disable Mount]
> Identity=unix-user:*
> Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount-system-internal
> ResultAny=no
> ResultInactive=no
> ResultActive=no
>
> It worked for me. If you find a way of disabling the icon as well
> I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks, this helped some. After googling some more I couldn't find a way
of disabling the icon, unfortunately - the "old" way from fedora didn't
work (disabling in hal .fdi file), as well as "new" way (disabling in
udev). There are various reports of it being a bug in udisks subsystem,
there are bugs filled at least for fedora and ubuntu and they are in
open state everywhere.

--

Vladimir