SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:21:09 -0700
Has anyone here compiled gnuplot from source?  Does anyone use
libgd, used by gnuplot to make .png files?

With www.libgd.org down (and unattended to since 2007), I'm
worried that these tools will start to suffer from dependency
rot.  I hope to compile some static versions.  The problems
encountered so far are beyond my current skills.  I can
describe the problems in more detail off the list.

My major concern is that many on this list may be using these
tools, and there may be problems with them in the future.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]         Voice (503)-520-1993