SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:28:31 +0000
On 12/03/11 01:46, Victor Helsing wrote:
> SL6 is a great distribution, by the way.  And congratulation to Urs for his
> excellent live CD/DVDs!
>
> I am trying to get the Ralink RT2860 wireless working on one of my systems.
> I installed the RT2860 "firmware" model (believe it was from epel or
> elrepo), but cannot find the kmod rt2860 which seems to go with it.  There
> is some chatter about this module related to prior fedora releases.  There
> is a mention of this being from the rpmfusion repository, but cannot find a
> workable version for el6/sl6.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I don't think it is related to SL6
> itself.
>
> Victor

Hi Victor,

Yes, you are correct - it's not an SL6 issue specifically as the RT2860
drivers aren't included in the SL6 (and RHEL6) kernel.

Elrepo.org have previously provided these drivers for SL5 but finding
testers for them was notoriously difficult so we simply haven't ported
them over to SL6 yet. Now we have a potential tester in you, we
(elrepo.org) would be glad to knock up a package for you to test. Would
that be OK with you?

Regards,

Phil