SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2014 22:54:33 -0400
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a customer who is going to have to upgrade a
> whole pail of stuff for PCI compliance (credit card
> security).
>
> Part of what he is going to have upgrade is his old
> CentOS 5.x server (it is too underpowered to handle
> his new software along with the addition drag
> caused by adding File Integrity Monitoring
> [FIM] Software).
>
> Any rumors as to when EL 7 will be out?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Shortly after our favorite upstream vendor publishes it? I don't see
the relevance though. If he needs to update CentOS 5, update it to SL
6 or CentOS 6. Why wait for RHE 7 to update? It's going to be major
cluster futz with the the switch tu systemd from init scripts, with
"/bin" being migrated to "/usr/bin", and the other major changes. It
will be much simpler, and much, much safer, to update to CentOS 6 or
SL 6 first!