SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 07:14:37 -0500
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:36 AM, Jean-Michel Barbet
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> One of our colleagues is performing network installs of SL.
> He frequently observes that the install fails on downloading always the
> same package (depending on the SL version and arch) with a message
> saying that the package is not found or damaged.
>
> He has tried different mirrors with the same result. Removing the
> package from the list of packages to install result in the install
> process failing on another package. The protocol is FTP.
>
> => Anybody has similar experiences ? Solutions ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> JM

Any idea what the packages are? And is there perhaps a pernicious
proxy in the way between him and the main repositories?

This sort of thing is why I maintain a local, internal repository to
fetch from. For 10 machines, it can be a lot faster and give a lot
more prowseable and reviewable access to have that local repository to
review from directly.