SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
"Alan J. Flavell" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan J. Flavell
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 15:24:26 +0100
On Wed, 25 May 2005, Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

> But if if you do not mind, could you tell me what PPD
> file you modified and what you did ?

Sure, the PPD file in our case is kc5020ee.ppd , which I've
stored into the /etc/share/cups/model tree on our CUPS server.

If I remember correctly, I got it by downloading the W2K_XP_KPDL
driver for Windows and unpacking it there, then extracting the PPD
file and transferring it to linux.   You have a bit of a struggle
through the kyocera web site to find this (they contrive to prevent
their own URLs from working, so it isn't useful for me to include it
here, you have to follow their contorted navigation system to get
there).

the ee suffix means "European English", whatever that might be ;-)
But I see that a French one is available if you wanted it.  But you
didn't actually say you have a Kyo printer, so maybe this detail is
irrelevant.

I have *not* modified this PPD file in any way - I've gone to the CUPS
server's "Configure Printer" web page, and enabled the non-default
features which I mentioned in the previous mail.

h t h