SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:34:28 -0700
On 04/03/2014 09:14 PM, John Lauro wrote:
>>   From man page, it sounds like I am writing to the
>> two different locations at the same time:
>>
>>        "After this call the same contents is accessible in
>>        two places"
>>
>> Is this just a play on words?
>>

> If you don't need the data available on the path you currently
 > have it, you can just mount it directly on a directory on the
 > vfat.  It like a symlink, in that the data is accessible in two paths,
 > following the symlink, or going direct without the symlink.

Hi John,

So that is what they mean.  Didn't really say it too
well.  You did great.  Thank you!

I thought they meant that you were write to two place at the
same time, like a mirror

-T

And now a word from our sponsor:

      Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in
      authority off their guard and give you an opportunity
      to commit more.
          ― Mark Twain

--
Computers are like air conditioners.