SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:33:20 -0600
Hi,
I thought I'd replied to this before, but I guess not.
I cannot find xfce for Scientific Linux, maybe somebody else can point you to
the right place.

But as for ice, there are several ways to configure it, Unfortunately they are
all by hand.  But, it is an extremely light desktop.

*Configuring for all users
The configuration files are in /usr/share/icewm

*Configuring for one user
Make a directory $HOME/.icewm
copy over any configuration file you want to change from /usr/share/icewm
Edit it

Now that I look, it looks like we have openoffice set to actually be soffice,
when it should be ooffice.  I'll get that changed with the next version.

Troy
ARTURO FATTURI wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I am using Scientiflinux for a time: since 5.0.
>
> I like to use a more light desktop; more light than Gnome. In the Icewn
> I have no icons and openoffice do not appears. Someone have a advice
> about installing xfce in scientificlinux or about icewn and the icons
> that are in gnome.
>
> best wishes
>
> arturo

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group