SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
Kuo Kan LIANG <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:03:37 +0800
Hi, dear SL users,

I have intalled SL 4.1 x86_64 on my 8+1 cluter system.
On my cluster system, the rshd on the computing nodes have to be started.
Well it is totally internal network so don't ask me about the security
problem. 8)
rshd is not started on the file/job-queuing server.

However, even though I think I have configured the services correctly,
and I have restarted the xinetd, and I have put the trusted hosts in
/etc/hosts.equiv, and the mode of the file is rw-r--r--,
and the firewalls on the computing nodes are totally turned off,
I still get connection refused message when trying to rsh.

Any opinions? Does SELinux have anything to do with such situation?

Best regards,
Kuo Kan LIANG
Division of Mechanics,
Research Center for Applied Sciences,